The IT Growth House in Ørestaden
The IT Growth House on 5th floor is a unique environment for entrepreneurs, companies and research with focus on IT.
The IT Growth House is located on top of the IT University in Copenhagen. The approx. 3,500 square-metre innovation environment sets the framework for joint projects and activities aiming at creating growth and innovation. The intention is to bring together IT players crosswise of Denmark and the Øresund region.
The IT Growth House has four cornerstones:
- a project hotel where students are offered assistance to develop sustainable business concepts and where they can meet with like-minded, possibly through short tenancies of 3-6 months
- long-term tenancies for start-ups and established companies with interest in being close to an attractive IT research and development environment
- joint projects between university researchers and companies
- demos and exhibitions showing new technology for a wider target group.
The Alexandra Institute has an office in the growth house and is also part of the consortium behind the IT Growth House. The consortium consists of:
- Symbion Science Park www.symbion.dk
- Science Park Aarhus www.sp-aarhus.dk
- Innovation Lab Katrinebjerg www.innovationlab.net
- The Alexandra Institute.
The operation of the growth house is sponsored by
- The Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation www.videnskabsministeriet.dk
- The Greater Copenhagen Authority (a politically-governed regional organisation covering the Greater Copenhagen Region) www.hur.dk